churchofchai

a view into the sordid life i lead

Monday, September 10, 2007

zoho'ed up

After using Zoho, Google and SugarCRM for a few months I've come to the conclusion that Zoho has a great deal of potential if a few things are implemented / improved upon, specifically in a collaborative project environment:
  • Better integration between documents and projects. This means I should be able to upload documents, share them with people, then tie the document into a task or project. The benefits are pretty obvious. I suspect there may be a way to do this, but I'm not completely positive just yet.
  • Better Task management. At present tasks can only be alloted a number of days for completion. I want a number of hours. Why? Coz I use the tasks and milestones for odd jobs, and they're usually by the hour. I also need to be able to timesheet the hours for billing.
  • An invoicing tool. Basically this would allow me to combine the tasks, the timesheet and a way to generate a templated invoice, then save it in my documents and export as necessary.
One VERY, VERY cool addition to Zoho is the Facebook integration, which I'm just starting to work on. Unfortunately it seems to be broken. WHen I try to add Zoho to my Facebook, I get:
Errors while loading page from application
There are still a few kinks Facebook and the makers of Zoho Online Office are trying to iron out. We appreciate your patience as we try to fix these issues. Your problem has been logged - if it persists, please come back in a few days. Thanks!

I'm hoping they get these kinks worked out so I can facebook my zoho.

Now the think Zoho needs to fear is the FaceBook community implementing all of Zoho's featureset. Chances are not great, but I've come to learn that I should never underestimate the FOSS community!!!


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sanjana said...

Now ZOHO offers invoicing too.. check out http://invoice.zoho.com.. It is nicely integrated with "zoho projects"..

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home